Update added by user Feb 16, 2012
***** ATTENTION! UPDATE! *****
A WONDERFUL LADY FROM THE EL DORADO CORPORATE OFFICE (WHOM HAS BEEN TRYING TO ASSIST ME ...) CALLED TODAY WITH GOOD NEWS!
They have made their decision in respects to \"good faith\" to REFUND (by form of \"Store-Credit\") the price of the sofa & tax related charges. This was the RIGHT thing to do & illustrates an honest effort on their part as a WHOLE to maintain the integrity of the Business. I do understand NOW, that the unfortunate situation which I had found myself in the middle of, was NOT the cause of direct intention(s) of the Company as a WHOLE but rather the incompetency of a isolated FEW within whom participated in the \"chain of events!\"
Although they did represent El Darado Furniture in a unsatisfactory way & it made for a very untimely & time consuming process - their are faulty links in many aspects/situations of life & the IMPORTANT thing is the acknowledgement of these weak links & the efforts to improve, take responsibility and permit & support the overall change in a faulty system set in place (whether the fault be on the part of a few irresponsible individuals or the actual system itself!) ...
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS RIGHT & RENEWING MY PERSONAL FAITH IN A COMPANY WHICH I HAD PUT MY TRUST IN!
PS ~ I would love to give credit to the sweet lady whom invested much time & efforts to assist me in this matter - thus achieving this epicly awesome end result, however, I respect her privacy so .... Anyways, THANK YOU, YOU ARE SO, SO APPRECIATED!
Original review posted by user Feb 08, 2012
I bought a sofa with a MAJOR manufacture's defect... The threading is ripping through the material of the sofa because it is both too tightly sewn AND the micro fiber is a very LOW thread count apparently from my guess anyways... I called them 2 months after purchasing it, immediately upon notice & they claimed they would send someone to look at it and never did after months of calls back & forth & several requests for additional images of the damage (which I quickly & gladly sent)...
NOW! 3yrs later approximately, they have still not even come to look at it & are trying to sell me the "it's out of warranty" BUUL with the - We will send you our Policy routine!!!
I am livid! BUT ... NOT wornOut!!!!
I will make them take care of this even if court costs exceed the total costs of the sofa!
Which I might add ... I also purchased a 3yr cleaning warranty that stated to remove any stains or the sofa would be FULLY replaced. During the period of which they were "blowing me off" & neglecting to send someone out to investigate the damage - I had a friend spill something on the sofa that would not come out & when I called & informed them of the stain & that i had purchased "3yr Warranty Protection" they insisted that I wait until the other damage had been looked at in case the sofa was being replaced so it wasn't a wasted trip on their part ...
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "We recently bought a floor model Liberty Sectional from Furniture Row after watching it for several months. It finally went on sale and we went to the store only to..."
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "Hotwire Communications is the worst ISP I've ever encountered. They promise high quality fiber optic to the home WITH BLAZING GIGABIT SPEEDS! (http://gethotwired.com/). Advertised speeds up to 20mbps, however I'm..."
- "At the time of this writing China Eastern's website + customer service are hopelessly broken. Broken, as in impossible to use to perform even the most basic tasks, in almost..."
- "As usual. Called customer care at Lennar and received the same old story line! Your home is out of warranty, so Lennar is not responsible for anything!! Really! I am..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."