Update added by user Feb 16, 2012
***** ATTENTION! UPDATE! *****
A WONDERFUL LADY FROM THE EL DORADO CORPORATE OFFICE (WHOM HAS BEEN TRYING TO ASSIST ME ...) CALLED TODAY WITH GOOD NEWS!
They have made their decision in respects to \"good faith\" to REFUND (by form of \"Store-Credit\") the price of the sofa & tax related charges. This was the RIGHT thing to do & illustrates an honest effort on their part as a WHOLE to maintain the integrity of the Business. I do understand NOW, that the unfortunate situation which I had found myself in the middle of, was NOT the cause of direct intention(s) of the Company as a WHOLE but rather the incompetency of a isolated FEW within whom participated in the \"chain of events!\"
Although they did represent El Darado Furniture in a unsatisfactory way & it made for a very untimely & time consuming process - their are faulty links in many aspects/situations of life & the IMPORTANT thing is the acknowledgement of these weak links & the efforts to improve, take responsibility and permit & support the overall change in a faulty system set in place (whether the fault be on the part of a few irresponsible individuals or the actual system itself!) ...
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS RIGHT & RENEWING MY PERSONAL FAITH IN A COMPANY WHICH I HAD PUT MY TRUST IN!
PS ~ I would love to give credit to the sweet lady whom invested much time & efforts to assist me in this matter - thus achieving this epicly awesome end result, however, I respect her privacy so .... Anyways, THANK YOU, YOU ARE SO, SO APPRECIATED!
Original review posted by user Feb 08, 2012
I bought a sofa with a MAJOR manufacture's defect... The threading is ripping through the material of the sofa because it is both too tightly sewn AND the micro fiber is a very LOW thread count apparently from my guess anyways... I called them 2 months after purchasing it, immediately upon notice & they claimed they would send someone to look at it and never did after months of calls back & forth & several requests for additional images of the damage (which I quickly & gladly sent)...
NOW! 3yrs later approximately, they have still not even come to look at it & are trying to sell me the "it's out of warranty" BUUL with the - We will send you our Policy routine!!!
I am livid! BUT ... NOT wornOut!!!!
I will make them take care of this even if court costs exceed the total costs of the sofa!
Which I might add ... I also purchased a 3yr cleaning warranty that stated to remove any stains or the sofa would be FULLY replaced. During the period of which they were "blowing me off" & neglecting to send someone out to investigate the damage - I had a friend spill something on the sofa that would not come out & when I called & informed them of the stain & that i had purchased "3yr Warranty Protection" they insisted that I wait until the other damage had been looked at in case the sofa was being replaced so it wasn't a wasted trip on their part ...
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "If you are looking on doing some remodeling in your bath and need to costume shower door:I order a shower frameless door from Home Depot and they used this company..."
- "Hotwire Communications is the worst ISP I've ever encountered. They promise high quality fiber optic to the home WITH BLAZING GIGABIT SPEEDS! (http://gethotwired.com/). Advertised speeds up to 20mbps, however I'm..."
- " While paid and participated on a recent trip to the Grecian Isles, Condor Adventures notified the traveling party that the trip was cancelled. Although..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."