I purchased a Tobacco Leather sectional at El Dorado Furniture in Wellington, FL in the beginning of January 2010.I can not explain how frustrated I am with this company.
They have been to my home 9 times bringing different pieces of my sectional each time being damaged. The first pieces had white stains almost bleach like. Then pieces were delivered that were dragged on the ground with the leather torn up on the bottom. Then one of the delivery guys cut the plastic packaging off with box knife cutting into not one but two pieces.
They then tried to cover it up with a furniture marker once I noticed. This was not the only crew to do this. Another crew that delivered a piece had scuffed the leather and also tried to fix it with a furniture marker. There was 3 other pieces I had sent back that had been delivered with damage that was repaired with a marker.
How many times does it take to get it right. When I spoke to the salesman they simply replied ok well send out another piece, every time. There's no problem with once or twice, however 9 times is absolutely ridiculous. They give you a 3-4 hour window each time, so how many hours have I spent waiting around for these idiots to deliver me screwed up pieces?
Too many! After speaking to management multiple times, leaving messages for the GM to call and never getting a return call, sending pictures to them, all they have offered me was a 50 dollar gift card to buy accessories in their store. They will not discount the delivery or give me a credit even though there mark up on there furniture is probably 100-200% who knows maybe more!! I spoke to an assistant manager who assured me I would be wowed, was going to keep track of my situation and turn it around into a positive experience.
I called back the next day and she did not even know who I was.
Now last week I noticed the stitching coming loose in two places after the power recliner for less than a month. They had me send more pictures and sent out a furniture repair company. The company simply took a hot object and tried to push the thread back into the hole. It was not secured properly and looked horrible.
After threatening them with legal action they have today offered to replace the piece so well see how many times it will take to get a decent piece.
I requested they give me an extended warranty now that I am not confident in the product they sold me and they refused to even sell me one.I will NEVER EVER buy a thing from these people again and I am not the only one to have problems like this as I have just begun to read the horror stories on the internet let alone my situation.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tobacco Leather Sectional
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "SupremePsychics is really a bad website and was established in March 2013. The psychics on there are fake and are just here for the money. They do not care for..."
- "Customers Beware!!: Don't Buy from Frontier Communications: Speaking only as a customer of Frontier Communicationâ€™s High Speed Internet and Phone Services, I have done all I could to work out with..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."