El Dorado Furniture worse then horrible service and inferior product!
I purchased a Tobacco Leather sectional at El Dorado Furniture in Wellington, FL in the beginning of January 2010.I can not explain how frustrated I am with this company.
They have been to my home 9 times bringing different pieces of my sectional each time being damaged. The first pieces had white stains almost bleach like. Then pieces were delivered that were dragged on the ground with the leather torn up on the bottom. Then one of the delivery guys cut the plastic packaging off with box knife cutting into not one but two pieces.
They then tried to cover it up with a furniture marker once I noticed. This was not the only crew to do this. Another crew that delivered a piece had scuffed the leather and also tried to fix it with a furniture marker. There was 3 other pieces I had sent back that had been delivered with damage that was repaired with a marker.
How many times does it take to get it right. When I spoke to the salesman they simply replied ok well send out another piece, every time. There's no problem with once or twice, however 9 times is absolutely ridiculous. They give you a 3-4 hour window each time, so how many hours have I spent waiting around for these idiots to deliver me screwed up pieces?
Too many! After speaking to management multiple times, leaving messages for the GM to call and never getting a return call, sending pictures to them, all they have offered me was a 50 dollar gift card to buy accessories in their store. They will not discount the delivery or give me a credit even though there mark up on there furniture is probably 100-200% who knows maybe more!! I spoke to an assistant manager who assured me I would be wowed, was going to keep track of my situation and turn it around into a positive experience.
I called back the next day and she did not even know who I was.
Now last week I noticed the stitching coming loose in two places after the power recliner for less than a month. They had me send more pictures and sent out a furniture repair company. The company simply took a hot object and tried to push the thread back into the hole. It was not secured properly and looked horrible.
After threatening them with legal action they have today offered to replace the piece so well see how many times it will take to get a decent piece.
I requested they give me an extended warranty now that I am not confident in the product they sold me and they refused to even sell me one.I will NEVER EVER buy a thing from these people again and I am not the only one to have problems like this as I have just begun to read the horror stories on the internet let alone my situation.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tobacco Leather Sectional
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I bought over $5,000.00 worth of furniture for my condo in October 2014. My $2500 couch with chair attached is dipping in 2 places, springs gone. I called El Dorado..."
- "Bought a sofa at El Dorado. It is peeling horribly. Customer Service was useless, even though it is obviously not normal wear. Warranty only covers 1 year. Store manager was..."
- "I have had my Natuzzi leather sofa and recliner for 10 years. We just moved and my wife insisted on new leather because of the color of our Natuzzi. She..."
- "We contracted Anthony & Sylvan in October 2014 to replaster our 24000 gallon inground pool that they had built for the previous owners of our home in 2005. We also..."
- "Purchased a pack of bacon before thanksgiving holiday with hopes of frying up for Thanksgiving breakfast. Opened package and its a block of fat (see picture). I was shocked to..."
- "LAWSUIT AND SWORN TESTIMONY REVEAL LENNAR CONSPIRACY ORCHESTRATED BY CEO MILLER--Lennar is a company that will stop at nothing to make money. The management has a "win at all..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "We ordered these headsets in the hopes they would allow our polo team's coach to guide players during practice games. We were looking for the same system used by NFL..."