El Dorado Furniture worse then horrible service and inferior product!
I purchased a Tobacco Leather sectional at El Dorado Furniture in Wellington, FL in the beginning of January 2010.I can not explain how frustrated I am with this company.
They have been to my home 9 times bringing different pieces of my sectional each time being damaged. The first pieces had white stains almost bleach like. Then pieces were delivered that were dragged on the ground with the leather torn up on the bottom. Then one of the delivery guys cut the plastic packaging off with box knife cutting into not one but two pieces.
They then tried to cover it up with a furniture marker once I noticed. This was not the only crew to do this. Another crew that delivered a piece had scuffed the leather and also tried to fix it with a furniture marker. There was 3 other pieces I had sent back that had been delivered with damage that was repaired with a marker.
How many times does it take to get it right. When I spoke to the salesman they simply replied ok well send out another piece, every time. There's no problem with once or twice, however 9 times is absolutely ridiculous. They give you a 3-4 hour window each time, so how many hours have I spent waiting around for these idiots to deliver me screwed up pieces?
Too many! After speaking to management multiple times, leaving messages for the GM to call and never getting a return call, sending pictures to them, all they have offered me was a 50 dollar gift card to buy accessories in their store. They will not discount the delivery or give me a credit even though there mark up on there furniture is probably 100-200% who knows maybe more!! I spoke to an assistant manager who assured me I would be wowed, was going to keep track of my situation and turn it around into a positive experience.
I called back the next day and she did not even know who I was.
Now last week I noticed the stitching coming loose in two places after the power recliner for less than a month. They had me send more pictures and sent out a furniture repair company. The company simply took a hot object and tried to push the thread back into the hole. It was not secured properly and looked horrible.
After threatening them with legal action they have today offered to replace the piece so well see how many times it will take to get a decent piece.
I requested they give me an extended warranty now that I am not confident in the product they sold me and they refused to even sell me one.I will NEVER EVER buy a thing from these people again and I am not the only one to have problems like this as I have just begun to read the horror stories on the internet let alone my situation.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tobacco Leather Sectional
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "I bought a sofa with a MAJOR manufacture's defect... The threading is ripping through the material of the sofa because it is both too tightly sewn AND the micro fiber..."
- "I bought over $5,000.00 worth of furniture for my condo in October 2014. My $2500 couch with chair attached is dipping in 2 places, springs gone. I called El Dorado..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "I'm not usually one to put businesses on blast on the internet BUT - Ridge Crossings Apartments is a joke of place to call a home, neighborhood, or property management..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "Dropped a 95 Honda Accord of at around noon on 5/11/2012. Wanted the car checked for possible catalytic converter replacement. Asked for a call when diagnosis was done...."
- "An excerpt from a speech made by Elizabeth Dole in Jan, 1979....far too many Americans are expressing outrage and anguish because their dream homes become a nightmare! Shoddy building..."
- "If you are one of the many people waiting and wondering if you'll ever get paid by One Stop Maintenance in NY, you can file your complaint with the NY..."