I purchased a Tobacco Leather sectional at El Dorado Furniture in Wellington, FL in the beginning of January 2010.I can not explain how frustrated I am with this company.

They have been to my home 9 times bringing different pieces of my sectional each time being damaged. The first pieces had white stains almost bleach like. Then pieces were delivered that were dragged on the ground with the leather torn up on the bottom. Then one of the delivery guys cut the plastic packaging off with box knife cutting into not one but two pieces.

They then tried to cover it up with a furniture marker once I noticed. This was not the only crew to do this. Another crew that delivered a piece had scuffed the leather and also tried to fix it with a furniture marker. There was 3 other pieces I had sent back that had been delivered with damage that was repaired with a marker.

How many times does it take to get it right. When I spoke to the salesman they simply replied ok well send out another piece, every time. There's no problem with once or twice, however 9 times is absolutely ridiculous. They give you a 3-4 hour window each time, so how many hours have I spent waiting around for these idiots to deliver me screwed up pieces?

Too many! After speaking to management multiple times, leaving messages for the GM to call and never getting a return call, sending pictures to them, all they have offered me was a 50 dollar gift card to buy accessories in their store. They will not discount the delivery or give me a credit even though there mark up on there furniture is probably 100-200% who knows maybe more!! I spoke to an assistant manager who assured me I would be wowed, was going to keep track of my situation and turn it around into a positive experience.

I called back the next day and she did not even know who I was.

Now last week I noticed the stitching coming loose in two places after the power recliner for less than a month. They had me send more pictures and sent out a furniture repair company. The company simply took a hot object and tried to push the thread back into the hole. It was not secured properly and looked horrible.

After threatening them with legal action they have today offered to replace the piece so well see how many times it will take to get a decent piece.

I requested they give me an extended warranty now that I am not confident in the product they sold me and they refused to even sell me one.I will NEVER EVER buy a thing from these people again and I am not the only one to have problems like this as I have just begun to read the horror stories on the internet let alone my situation.

Review about: Tobacco Leather Sectional.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $3300
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with El Dorado Furniture?

Comments

Have almost sane prob. Time to laywer up!!

tiffany68

I bought a sofa from EL DORADO with a MAJOR manufacture's defect... The threading is ripping through the material of the sofa because it is both too tightly sewn AND the micro fiber is a very LOW thread count apparently from my guess anyways... I called them 2 months after purchasing it, immediately upon notice & they claimed they would send someone to look at it and never did after months of calls back & forth & several requests for additional images of the damage (which I quickly & gladly sent)...

NOW! 3yrs later approximately, they have still not even come to look at it & are trying to sell me the "it's out of warranty" BUUL with the - We will send you our Policy routine!!!

I am livid! BUT ... NOT wornOut!!!!

I will make them take care of this even if court costs exceed the total costs of the sofa!

Which I might add ... I also purchased a 3yr cleaning warranty that stated to remove any stains or the sofa would be FULLY replaced. During the period of which they were "blowing me off" & neglecting to send someone out to investigate the damage - I had a friend spill something on the sofa that would not come out & when I called & informed them of the stain & that i had purchased "3yr Warranty Protection" they insisted that I wait until the other damage had been looked at in case the sofa was being replaced so it wasn't a wasted trip on their part ...

tiffany68

I bought a sofa with a MAJOR manufacture's defect... The threading is ripping through the material of the sofa because it is both too tightly sewn AND the micro fiber is a very LOW thread count apparently from my guess anyways... I called them 2 months after purchasing it, immediately upon notice & they claimed they would send someone to look at it and never did after months of calls back & forth & several requests for additional images of the damage (which I quickly & gladly sent)...

I am livid! BUT ... NOT wornOut!!!!

West Palm Beach NATTVE

NOW!3yrs later approximately, they have still not even come to look at it & are trying to sell me the "it's out of warranty" BUUL with the - We will send you our Policy routine!!!

I am livid!

BUT ...NOT wornOut!!!!

El Dorado Furniture

Barbara, we’re sorry to hear about your situation.We’ll be happy to help take care of your issue.

Send us an e-mail at customercare@eldoradofurniture.com and someone will contact you within the hour

to help you straighten this out.Thanks!

Barbara
Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #127739

I am just beginning to have serious problems with ElDorado Furniture I purchased in Coconut Creek.They won't return phone calls for one thing.

I purchased the Matrix 4 piece corner sofa,plus ottoman, recliner, and 2 extra Matrix pieces. I can feel the staples coming through the material on the bases. The sofa cushion seats are larger than the bases, so the cushions hang over the bases. Today, they offered to "replace" pieces.

That's not what I want-I think it's very poorly made and won't last a year.The recliner has it's own problems

El Dorado Furniture

TRiley84, it sounds like this situation may have been caused by an issue on our end, but in order to fix whatever’s going on, we’ll need more detailed information about your experience. Send us an e-mail at customercare@eldoradofurniture.com or call our Customer Care department at 888-451-7800 option #2 and we’ll try to get this taken care of as quickly as possible. If your situation has already been addressed but you still want to get in touch with us, feel free to do so.

Thanks!