El Dorado Furniture - Poor Quality. Not informed of All Sales Final.
Purchased sofa.Within a couple weeks, the USB port broke and my elbow went through the armrest.
Called them, sent out a "tech" which was a delivery driver who looked at it, asked me what the problem was and had me sign the form and left. He reported back to the office "there is nothing wrong with the furniture". Further calls were made and a furniture repair person came out and ordered parts. Must wait 30 - 60 days.
During this time the seat cushion sinks horribly and my elbow has gone through the arm rest in two different places. I only weigh 200# and I am not destructive to the things I own. My last sofa was over 15 years old and still in great condition. Rather than my legs being at 90 degree angles when I sit they are almost parallel with the floor.
Made a complaint to AMEX after nothing was heard from these people after 90 days, suddenly the phone is ringing that the parts are in and ready for install. They have been installed and additional foam inserted into the seats. After one week, i'm sinking again. This is Wal-Mart quality at Neiman Marcus prices.
Though the arm rest was replaced I can tell my elbow will go through it again. The letter from El Dorado to AMEX literally describes the parts that this sofa is made of as "cardboard". (attached) The letter also includes lies about what took place. Can provide pics of the replaced arm rest and how sunken the cushions are.
I don't want this furniture.I broke in 2 weeks and lived with it broken for 90 days and it will break again.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Furniture quality
- Lack of concern about furniture falling apart
- Return policy
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- El Dorado Furniture Transformer Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase..."
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "I bought a red leather couch. It was on sale at $1500. Regular over $2000. I thought I was buying a leather couch that would last for..."
- "MEMPHIS TN SHELBY COUNTY...............Extended Arms Cleaning Contractor's ....Nancy Taylor it's a crime to online harass make FALSE claims call or in anyway directly or in directly try to contact myself..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."