Featured Not resolved
1.3
Style and Design

Purchased sofa.Within a couple weeks, the USB port broke and my elbow went through the armrest.

Called them, sent out a "tech" which was a delivery driver who looked at it, asked me what the problem was and had me sign the form and left. He reported back to the office "there is nothing wrong with the furniture". Further calls were made and a furniture repair person came out and ordered parts. Must wait 30 - 60 days.

During this time the seat cushion sinks horribly and my elbow has gone through the arm rest in two different places. I only weigh 200# and I am not destructive to the things I own. My last sofa was over 15 years old and still in great condition. Rather than my legs being at 90 degree angles when I sit they are almost parallel with the floor.

Made a complaint to AMEX after nothing was heard from these people after 90 days, suddenly the phone is ringing that the parts are in and ready for install. They have been installed and additional foam inserted into the seats. After one week, i'm sinking again. This is Wal-Mart quality at Neiman Marcus prices.

Though the arm rest was replaced I can tell my elbow will go through it again. The letter from El Dorado to AMEX literally describes the parts that this sofa is made of as "cardboard". (attached) The letter also includes lies about what took place. Can provide pics of the replaced arm rest and how sunken the cushions are.

I don't want this furniture.I broke in 2 weeks and lived with it broken for 90 days and it will break again.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $1700. kentftl is overall dissatisfied with El Dorado Furniture and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about el dorado furniture transformer sofa at El Dorado Furniture was furniture quality, lack of concern about furniture falling apart and return policy Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about El Dorado Furniture.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare El Dorado Furniture to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with El Dorado Furniture?

Comments

I bought these same couches about the same time.Mine are peeling and falling apart.

Pieces of junk!El dorado was no help either.

They suck.

El_Dorado_Furniture4200
El Dorado Furniture Verified Representative

Hello and Good Morning.Thank you for your feedback.

We apologize for your experience. We would like to learn more about your case. Please send us an email with further details and your contact information to customercare@eldoradofurniture.com and a representative will be in contact with you within 24 business hours upon receipt of your email.

Please use the special code, EDF101215, on the subject line of your email.Thank you in advance and we look forward to speaking with you.

to El_Dorado_Furniture4200 Waukegan, Illinois, United States #1300257

I purchased the "famous" transformer sofa and love seat from El Dorado about 3 years ago.I was lured into purchasing the "warranty" to cover the leather.

After just 2.5 years, I also had my elbow go through the armrest in 2 places. Worst than that, the leather started to delaminate and peel off all over (all places, all seats). It seems to be an aging related issue. I can underestand how something like this happens so quickly, specially with the care I take (no kids,chemicals or direct sun).

Nor El Dorado or the 3rd party wants to cover the defects.I am left with a worthless system and will NEVER buy from EL Dorado again (unless they make this right).